St Edmund Hall Crest above the Queen's Lane Entrance
-A +A

How do I apply?

The application deadline for the Visiting Student programme for 2016-2017 has now passed. Applicants wanting to be considered for a place on this year's programme are required to consult with the Admisisons Office. Applications usually entail submitting the following:

  • A completed application form
  • Two references (may be sent separately by your referees)
  • A current transcript
  • A sample of recent academic work in each subject for which you are applying

We prefer to receive documents in one PDF bundle in the order outlined above emailed to

If you are unable to submit by email, please post your application to the Admissions Administrator, Admissions Office, St Edmund Hall, OX1 4AR, United Kingdom. Please do not staple any of your documentation. 

When filling in the application form you should expect that the courses you list will be the courses you end up studying, rather than just an initial indication of preference. You should give your application careful thought and discuss it with your Study Abroad Adviser.

Any questions?

What if I am a Graduate Student?

The College does occasionally admit Visiting Students at Graduate level. This would usually be for students who are planning to work with a Fellow of St Edmund Hall, and applicants wishing to be considered in this way should ask the Fellow in question to consult the Admissions Office.