Working in the Library
-A +A

Facts and Figures

The average student debt on graduation is £17,500 and this number is likely to increase significantly in coming years. Tuition fees and student loans contribute to much of this debt, as do accommodation expenses and the general cost of living.

Government funding and fees cover only about 50% of the cost of an Oxford education.

70% of the Hall’s annual income is derived from tuition fees, government support and residential income from students. The remaining 30% comes from conference income, the interest on our endowment and the Annual Fund.

Last year 18% of Aularians donated to the Annual Fund. Alumni giving rates are a powerful factor when we approach outside agencies for special project funding. Even a gift of just £10 per month can mean £150 for the College each year, once Gift Aid is claimed.

Thank you to all those who support the St Edmund Hall Annual Fund.