Giving Back - our Current Priorities
- It costs, on average, £16,000 to educate a student at Oxford each year. Government cuts mean we only receive half of what it costs to educate a student in Oxford.
- The shortfall of around £8,000 per student per year has to be made up from our own resources - endowment income, conference business and donations from many sources.
- With the increase in tuition fees from 2012 our financial situation will not improve. This apparently extra income will merely replace much of the money we previously received for teaching.
- To protect the tutorial system, Oxford's unique selling point.
- Because you love Teddy Hall and it helped you to be the person you are today.
- Because you want today's students to have the same level of support you had at College.