Journalism career tips, legal advice and free wine
Places at this event are now all taken, but if you would like to be added to the mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The format of the evening is as follows:
6.30pm – Introduction from Geddes Trust Chairman, Peter Cardwell
6:35pm – Law talk, “How Not To Get Sued” by Anjlee Saigol from Taylor Hampton Solicitors
7.30pm – Geddes Winners’ Panel, chaired by Peter Cardwell:
- Harry Hodges, Deputy Comment Editor, The Daily Telegraph
- Alys Key, Reporter, Press Association
- Tim Wigmore, freelance (columnist for The i paper, writes for The Daily Telegraph, The Economist, The Spectator, The New York Times)
- Marianna Spring, BBC Newsnight
- Tony Diver, trainee Reporter at The Daily Telegraph
In the greatest traditions of journalistic events, there will also be free wine, soft drinks and nibbles. Schmooze with the Geddes Trustees, former winners and panellists for tips on entering this year’s prizes and further advice on the best ways to network your way to a job in journalism.