Scholarships available by direct application to the College
- Up to three William R Miller Postgraduate awards – each in the form of a rent-free College room (present value approximately £6,000 p.a.). The awards will be made for one academic year to students entering the first or second year of a research degree (DPhil or MRes) in 2019.
- One Emden Doctorow postgraduate award to the value of £5,000, to be awarded for one academic year to a student entering the first or second year of a DPhil in the Social Sciences in 2019.
- Up to two MCR 50th Anniversary Graduate Scholarships, to the value of £5,000 per year. The award will be made for three years to a DPhil student from any academic discipline entering their first year in 2019.
- One E.P.A. Cephalosporin postgraduate award to the value of approximately £3,500 p.a. to be awarded for three or four years to a DPhil student conducting research which is in the medical, biological or chemical sciences and falls within the interests of the E.P.A. Cephalosporin Fund.
- Two Pontigny Scholarships of £3,000 p.a. to be awarded to a student studying towards a research degree in 2019 who will take a leading role in fostering academic exchange between the MCR and SCR. This award may be renewed on a competitive basis in future years at the discretion of the College. If you wish to be considered for this award, you must also submit a short description of how you plan to foster academic exchange between the MCR and SCR.
Applications for students aiming to study in 2019-20 are now open. Applicants should submit a completed application form, and arrange for two references to be also sent in via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday 18 January 2019 at 5pm. The College aims to communicate decisions to applicants by mid-March 2019.
You can apply for our scholarships if you are an applicant to, or current member of, the University of Oxford entering the first or second year of a research programme for which St Edmund Hall admits graduate students (please see here for details of our courses). All awards are conditional on the holder becoming a member of St Edmund Hall.
Current St Edmund Hall students applying for postgraduate study may also apply for a Student Challenge Fund Scholarship. Details of this Scholarship will be publicised to eligible students in Trinity Term.
Scholarships for which University of Oxford applicants are automatically considered
Clarendon Partnership Awards
We are offering prestigious Clarendon Partnership Awards for entry in 2019. The Clarendon Fund is now open to students of all nationalities.
Bruce Mitchell Graduate Scholarship in English
This scholarship provides full funding for a DPhil in Old or Middle English. Applicants are automatically considered for the scholarship by the English Faculty for the years in which it is available.
A scholarship of £5,000 awarded annually to a student on the Master of Fine Art at the Ruskin School. All those who apply for the programme by the 18 January 2019 deadline are considered.
A scholarship of £6,000 awarded annually to a student on the MSc in Comparative and International Education. All those who apply for the programme by the 8 March 2019 deadline are considered. The fund is intended to serve a student who may not otherwise be able to enrol.
William Asbrey BCL Studentship
A studentship of £10,000 awarded annually to a student on the BCL. Applicants are automatically considered for the studentship by the Law Faculty.
This studentship provides full funding for a DPhil in French. Applicants are automatically considered for the studentship by the Modern Languages Faculty for the years in which it is available.
Scholarships available by application to other institutions
China Scholarship Council – University of Oxford Scholarships
Up to twenty scholarships are available for Chinese nationals, ordinarily resident in the mainland Peoples’ Republic of China, who are applying to start a new DPhil course at Oxford. These awards include all university and college fees, a grant for living expenses and a return flight from China to the UK. More information is available on the University website.
The Jarvis and Constance Doctorow Fellowship
Awarded for one year to a student who has just completed an undergraduate programme at Columbia College and who wishes to pursue a Masters degree in the Social Sciences at St Edmund Hall. Further information from Columbia College.