Clubs and Societies
Socially, there is something for everyone at St Edmund Hall. Our thriving College societies include Chapel Choir, the Teddy Hall Film Society and the Christian Union – and are open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Many of our clubs and societies receiving funding from the College’s Amalgamated Clubs fund to help with the purchase of equipment or to meet expenses. There are also over 200 University societies to choose from.
Examples of some of the current Teddy Hall societies:
- The Chapel Choir provides the music for the chapel services on Sunday evenings and other special occasions, and has recently toured to France and Poland.
- The Christian Union – for Christians to meet together within the College.
- Several subject societies – including the Portia Society for all students of Law at St Edmund Hall and the Medical Sciences Society for Medics and Biomedics.
- The St Edmund Hall Gallery – an annual collection of creative writing and visual art by members of the College.
- The Teddy Hall Film Society hosts regular screenings of a wide variety of films.
- The Venus Society consists of a group of students across all years who organise fundraising events in College for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- The Wednesday Workshops – weekly student-led creative writing workshops that provide an opportunity to share new writing and receive constructive feedback from peers.
There’s a real sense of camaraderie. Sport is a big part of Hall life, but by no means the only part. We have a thriving music scene, including the choir.
Lisa, undergraduate studying Russian and German