1. As a collegiate University, Oxford is committed to fostering an inclusive culture which promotes equality, values diversity and maintains a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its students and staff are respected.
2. The purpose of the Agreement is to secure everyone’s agreement to protect ourselves and each other within the University, the colleges and the wider Oxford community. It is an affirmation of shared values – community, consideration for others, respect and tolerance, and inclusion. It supplements students’ existing responsibilities under University and college policies.
3. Adapting to life in the University and city of Oxford under COVID-19 safety measures is new to everyone. Students and staff will need to develop new habits and make adjustments to their daily life to enable academic learning to do so, we need to treat each other with patience and understanding.
4. The University and colleges have committed to putting measures in place to minimise health risks to students, staff and the wider Oxford community. Each student also has a responsibility for both their own health and that of others, especially those with vulnerabilities. Maintaining social distance at all times in community spaces, avoiding large gatherings and being mindful of the needs of those alongside whom we live, work and travel will help reduce the risks for everyone.
5. In order to protect our community’s health and support our collective wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic, each student is expected to make the following eight commitments about their behaviour by signing this Agreement.
i. I will abide by all national public health regulations brought in to stop the spread of COVID-19. I will also follow the University and/or colleges’ specific guidance on health measures, together with local public health guidance as relevant for the circumstances I am in.
ii. I will request a test via the University’s Testing for Covid-19 – Early Alert Service (EAS) immediately if I experience COVID-like symptoms, and I will notify my College and Department nominated contact accordingly. I will follow all instructions from the EAS, including in relation to self-isolation.
iii. I understand that COVID-19 is a public health issue and will cooperate fully with University, colleges and public health authorities, including participating fully in any contact tracing as requested.
iv. I will practise effective hygiene methods to limit contact transmission, including regular thorough handwashing with soap, the use of hand sanitisers as requested, the wiping down of surfaces and the correct wearing and disposal/washing of face coverings.
v. If I live in college/University accommodation, I will follow college/University guidelines on how I may interact with and share communal spaces with members of my household. If I live in a private household I will follow the relevant Government/Public Health England guidance. I will also follow guidance regarding how or whether I may enter others’ households and any limits on the number of people allowed to visit a household.
vi. I will show respect and consideration for the collegiate University and wider Oxford community. I will adhere to social distancing requirements and maximum group size rules, I will follow all rules and signage about expected behaviour for the space I am in when interacting with anyone outside my household, whether in college, University premises, on public transport or elsewhere in the city.
vii. I will adhere to the University’s policy and Government rules on wearing face coverings, which will include the requirement for face coverings to be worn for in-person teaching indoors and in any shared indoor spaces.
viii. I understand that I am responsible for ensuring that my guests adhere to these same standards of behaviour in University, college or other spaces.