Campaign Development Officer
Reporting to the Director of Development, this exciting role will appeal to someone who may already have some experience of fundraising, who is passionate about higher education and wishes to advance their skills in a highly successful college development and alumni relations office. The role is varied but in general the appointee will assist the overall purpose of the office of fostering and deepening relationships between the Hall and its alumni and in securing financial support from those alumni. This role will focus on regular giving and wider fundraising support, whilst there will also be the opportunity to take the lead on some more general projects and responsibilities. The Development Office can be a busy and demanding environment at times as the team work to engage the College community to capitalise on our philanthropic potential and successfully complete the current HALLmarks campaign in line with our ten-year strategic plan..
This is a full-time post (35 hours per week) usually 09:00 to 17:00 (some flexibility is negotiable in regard to the start and finish time). The role is based in the centre of Oxford but we can offer the possibility of working one day per week at home if you wish so please get in touch to discuss.
You will have excellent organisation skills and be confident in your ability to work across a range of internal and external audiences. You will have excellent relationship building skills with a strong commitment to supporting the delivery of the highest level of donor engagement and care.
In return, you will benefit from working for a warm, supportive and inclusive organisation (part of a world-leading university) offering good development opportunities to broaden your skills plus a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- A free three-course lunch.
- Membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS).
- Excellent annual leave entitlement (up to 38 days per year) and additional days for long service.
- Subsidised bus pass loans, season ticket loans and cycle scheme loans.
- Access to the College’s employee assistance programme (a 24-hour telephone and online advisory and counselling service).
- Annual flu vaccination.
- Discount in University shops, free entry to other colleges and libraries, discounted computer software from the University Computing Service, free access to the Botanical Gardens and Harcourt Arboretum and discounted membership of the University’s gym and pool.
- The post also qualifies for the Edu Health Scheme which offers special private medical insurance for University staff and their families at a discounted rate.
In addition, we are a very sociable team and arrange various staff events throughout the year including quizzes, a summer BBQ, a Christmas event and more.
The College seeks to foster a collaborative and respectful work environment which promotes equality, diversity and inclusion together with a policy of assisting all our employees to achieve professional growth. We strive to appoint committed and compassionate colleagues to help ensure every student achieves their best.
Interested applicants should forward the following documents:
- A Cover Sheet detailing the names and contact details of two referees;
- A current CV;
- A covering letter, which explains how you meet the selection criteria for the post.
Documents should be sent preferably by email to email@example.com by GMT 09:00 on Friday, 2 June 2023. Postal Applications should be sent to the HR Manager, St Edmund Hall, Queen’s Lane, Oxford, OX1 4AR.
Interviews are expected to be held in Oxford on either Friday, 9 June or early in the week commencing 12 June 2023.
Informal enquiries about the post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider completing the online Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form. Submission of this form is voluntary and does not form part of the selection process, but we would be grateful if you are willing to return it with your application to assist us with our equal opportunity monitoring. A paper copy can be found HERE or by emailing email@example.com.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
- Deadline: 2 Jun 2023 09:00am
- Posted: 18 May 2023