A great opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join our Hall team as soon as possible. As a member of our front of house catering team, you will be the friendly face that our students, staff, Fellows and guests will remember. Your duties involve assisting in the delivery of food and beverage services and maintaining a high level of dining standards and cleanliness.
There is always lots to do but if you enjoy a busy environment then this role is for you. The successful candidates will become part of an exceptionally skilled team.
Previous experience of working in a customer focused role and/or hospitality is desirable although not essential as full training will be given. The successful candidates will be professional, confident, friendly and be able to thrive in a bustling environment and able to engage and connect with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
In return, you will benefit from working for a warm, supportive and inclusive organisation (part of a world-leading university) offering good development opportunities to broaden your skills plus a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- A free three-course lunch.
- Membership of the Oxford Staff Pension Scheme.
- Excellent annual leave entitlement (up to 38 days per year) and additional days for long service following five years service.
- Subsidised bus pass loans, season ticket loans and cycle scheme loans.
- Access to the College’s employee assistance programme (a 24-hour telephone and online advisory and counselling service).
- Discount in University shops, free entry to other colleges and libraries, discounted computer software from the University Computing Service, free access to the Botanical Gardens and Harcourt Arboretum and discounted membership of the University’s gym and pool.
- The post also qualifies for the Edu Health Scheme which offers special private medical insurance for university staff and their families at a discounted rate.
We are a very sociable team and arrange various staff events throughout the year including quizzes, a summer BBQ, a Christmas event and more. A uniform will be provided.
Interested applicants should forward the following documents:
- A Cover Sheet detailing the names and contact details of two referees;
- A current CV;
- A covering letter, which explains how you meet the selection criteria for the post.
Documents should be sent preferably by email to email@example.com.
Please note there is no closing date and applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications can also be sent to the HR Manager, St Edmund Hall, Queen’s Lane, Oxford, OX1 4AR.
Informal enquiries about the post should be directed to the Head Butler, Samuel Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the HR Department at email@example.com.
Equality of Opportunity
The Equal Opportunities policy of the College requires that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment. Entry into employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the post. Subject to statutory provisions, no applicant will be treated less favourably than another because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Please consider completing the online Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form. Submission of this form is voluntary and does not form part of the selection process, but we would be grateful if you are willing to return it with your application to assist us with our equal opportunity monitoring. A paper copy can be obtained here.