Lodge Receptionist/Porter (16 Hours Per Week)
This is an excellent opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a our front of house Lodge team who provide a variety of support to the College 24-hours a day, seven days a week throughout the year.
Together with the Lodge Manager and Deputy Lodge Manager, the team are responsible for providing an effective and efficient reception, postal, first aid and security service and ensure all visitors, students and members of staff are assisted in a timely and friendly manner. The responsibilities of the Lodge team are varied so it is essential the appointee is able to remain calm under pressure whilst prioritising competing demands. Our team provide a compassionate, sensitive and warm environment with a clear culture of helpfulness and support for all members of the College, particularly our students.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring excellent interpersonal and communication skills, have a good level of IT and experience of working in a customer services role.
Our College is located in Queen’s Lane in beautiful surroundings just off the High Street in Oxford with its historic charm. Buses, cafes and shops are only a short distance away and the train station is approximately a 20-minute walk. This all helps to create an excellent environment in which to work.
In return, you will benefit from working for a warm, inclusive and supportive organisation (part of a world-leading university) offering good development opportunities to broaden your skills plus a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- Membership of the Oxford Staff Pension Scheme (contribution rates: Employee = Tier 1 – 4%, Tier 2 – 6% or Tier 3 – 8% and Employer = Tier 1 – 6%, Tier 2 – 8% and Tier 3 – 10%).
- A strong team structure which promotes a supportive work environment.
- Subsidised bus pass loan, season ticket rail loan and cycle scheme loan.
- A free three-course lunch.
- Access to the College’s employee assistance programme (a 24-hour telephone and online advisory and counselling service).
- Discount in University shops, free entry to other Oxford colleges and libraries, discounted computer software from the University Computing Service, free access to the Botanical Gardens and Harcourt Arboretum and discounted membership of the University’s gym and pool.
- The post also qualifies for the Edu Health Scheme which offers special private medical insurance for university staff and their families at a discounted rate.
The College arranges various events for staff throughout the year including quizzes, a summer BBQ, Christmas lunch and more.
Interested candidates should send the following documents:
- A CV;
- A covering letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria for the post.
- A Cover Sheet detailing the names and details of two referees one of whom should be your current or most recent line manager.
There is no deadline and applications will remain open until the post is filled.
Documents should be sent preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal Applications should be sent to the HR Manager, St Edmund Hall, Queen’s Lane, Oxford, OX1 4AR.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview and all candidates will receive a response.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the post as soon as possible thereafter.
Visits are encouraged and welcomed for interested candidates prior to application. To book a visit or to discuss the post please contact the HR Assistant at email@example.com.
Equality of Opportunity
The Equal Opportunities policy of the College requires that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment. Entry into employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the post. Subject to statutory provisions, no applicant will be treated less favourably than another because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Applications are particularly welcomed from women and minority ethnic candidates who are under-represented in these roles.
Please also consider completing the online Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form. Submission of this form is voluntary and does not form part of the selection process, but we would be grateful if you are willing to return it with your application to assist us with our equal opportunity monitoring. A paper copy can be obtained here.
- Posted: 20 Mar 2023