Professor Dimitrios Tsomocos
Professor of Financial Economics and Fellow by Special Election
Dimitrios P. Tsomocos is a University Professor of Financial Economics and Fellow in Management at St Edmund Hall.
He holds a BA, MA, MPhil, and PhD from Yale University. He has worked at the Bank of England and consulted with various Central Banks. In addition, he has served on several editorial boards including Annals of Finance and Economic Theory. He is the co-developer of the Goodhart – Tsomocos model of financial fragility that has been implemented at various Central Banks. He has also suggested a new metric of Financial Stability.
Dimitrios Tsomocos’ current research focuses on banking and regulation, incomplete asset markets, systemic risk, financial instability and issues of new financial architecture. In particular, he has analysed issues of contagion, financial fragility, interbank linkages and the impact of the Basel Accord in the macroeconomy using a General Equilibrium model with incomplete asset markets, money and endogenous default.
He is the co-editor of two books The Challenge of Financial Stability and Financial Stability in Practice (with C A E Goodhart) and has authored a large number of articles on economic theory and financial economics, which have appeared in leading journals and presented in international institutions, seminars and conferences.
He was recently appointed a member of the Research Advisory Board, Central Bank of Russian Federation in October 2018.
- ”International Debt Overhang and Monetary Policy: A simulation exercise using Czech Republic data”, (with C. Goodhart, K. Isakov and U. Peiris), HSE Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- “The Lender of Last Resort in a General Equilibrium Framework”, with A. Kotak and H. N. Özsöylev, in Financial Stability and Regulation After the 2008-10 Global Financial Crisis, Vol.3, Edited by C.A.E Goodhart and D. T. Tsomocos. Edward Elgar Publishing, forthcoming.
- “Financial Regulation in General Equilibrium”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart, A.K. Kashyap and A.P. Vardoulakis), in Financial Stability and Regulation After the 2008-10 Global Financial Crisis, Vol.3, Edited by C.A.E Goodhart and D. T. Tsomocos. Edward Elgar Publishing, forthcoming
- “Debt, Recovery Rates and the Greek Dilemma”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and M.U. Peiris), Journal of Financial Stability, in press.
- “Liquidity and default in an exchange economy”, (with Martinez, S. Juan Francisco), Journal of Financial Stability, Volume 35, Pages 192-214, April 2018.
- “Liquidity, Default and the Interaction of Financial Stability and Monetary Policy” (with U. Peiris and A. Vardoulakis), in The Changing Fortunes of Central Banking. Edited by P. Hartmann, H, Huang and D. Schoenmaker. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2018.
- “How investment opportunities impact optimal capital structure”, (with Antonio Lupi and Stanley Myint), Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Volume 29, Issue 4, Pages 112-124, Fall 2017.
- “Liquidity, Default and Macroprudential Policy”, SUERF Conference Proceedings, 2017/2 : pp 27-32.
Materials provided are for Educational Use Only. All articles are the sole Copyright of their respective publishers.
Professor Dimitrios Tsomocos
MA (MA, MPhil, PhD Yale)
- Professor of Financial Economics and Fellow by Special Election
- Governing Body Fellow