Unlock your potential at St Edmund Hall
St Edmund Hall promotes the advancement of university education, learning and research as a College in the University of Oxford (including maintaining its historic buildings and other patrimony, and pastoral care of its students).
Vision and Strategy
The college launched its first strategy on 1 October 2019. You can read the full strategy here.
The strategy is the Hall’s vision for the next 10 years, covering 2019-2029. It aims to move this inspiring and historic institution into the next century, keeping it as relevant to students of the future, as it has been in the past, and is today.
The document outlines five strategic areas of priority.
- Education and Research – A college where excellent teaching and research co-exist in a stimulating intellectual environment.
- Access Equality and Diversity – A college where inclusivity, equality, and diversity are understood, recognised, and celebrated across the community and where there are no invisible barriers to entry or to students reaching their full potential.
- Culture – A college culture that is creative and inclusive, linking a plurality of cultural activities within a positive working environment.
- Estates – To become the greenest and most environmentally sustainable college in Oxford, with a stock of high-quality student accommodation and an estate that fully meets the needs of the college community.
- Finance – A college that is financially robust and with operating budget focused primarily on the core objective of the College.
What will success look like in ten years?
Read our vision for what we are striving to achieve by 2029.
We welcome alumni, students, staff and friends of the college to contact us if you would like to be involved.